Arizona is the paradise of Southwest America and is surrounded by beautiful landscapes, vibrant streets and spectacular natural marvels. There are numerous amazing Southwest experiences that will fill up your heart with content and admiration for nature.
The Waterfall trail at Fossil Creek is one such unforgettable and splendid experience. The hike to the waterfall is short, easy and is a perfect getaway from the bustling city lights. The view of the crystal clear emerald green waterfall is spectacular and you can swim to your heart’s content.
The waterfall trail counts as one of the most popular Southwest experiences and the distance is around 2.6 miles.
The trail offers you a spectacular view of the mountains of Arizona. As you descent down the trail, you can hear the loud roaring of waterfalls. While walking along the trail you will witness some small waterfalls and swim holes, but that is just a teaser for the amazing marvel that you will witness ahead in your journey.
As you walk along the path you can see a 15-foot-high waterfall reflecting the rays of the sun and the water forming a pristine deep sea green pool, a sight to behold forever.
After reaching the waterfall you can chill, relax and take in the view for a couple of minutes. The place is perfect to enjoy a day picnic with your friends and family.
If you have time, you can also explore and view some exotic wildlife in the nearby area of the waterfall. The trail is perfect to take your furry friends along with you and is also safe for kids of all ages. The trail is open throughout the year and receives more than 60,000 visitors every year.
Things to Remember
1) The entry fee for the waterfall is 6$ and you can easily pay it online through the official website.
2) There are very minimum facilities along the waterfall trail. It will be great if you carry sufficient amount of drinking water, protein bars and snacks along with you.
3) Before starting your hike it will help to have some essential information from the local authorities and check the local weather conditions.
4) Do not forget to carry plenty of sunblock as you will be hiking in the fiery Arizona sun and thank us later.
5) It is a no brainer that you have to bring your best camera for some amazing pictures for your Instagram.
In order to reach the Fossil Creek Waterfall, you need to arrange for a high clearance vehicle to take a one-hour long drive from the Coconino National Forest to the parking areas of the waterfall. The drive gives you an amazing view of the majestic mountains forming a beautiful backdrop.